Remote / Work from home opportunity. Seasonal – work 3-5 months every year! Must sit locally in (or near) Cincinnati for training and/or meetings as needed.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Tax Senior Associate is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete and timely preparation of all assigned tax returns, and research projects. Requires technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas.
1. Performs technical tax preparation of all assigned tax returns. Contacts client with questions where appropriate.
2. Performs intermediate level tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
3. Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts.
4. Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
5. Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm's philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
6. Prepares income tax projections as assigned
7. Review basic level tax returns
8. Serve as the main client contact, being able to communicate effectively with clients and meet critical deadlines. Understand firm offerings and billing process.
9. Serve as a resource for shared staff and interns.
Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the Partners, manager or supervisor.
Education, Experience and Skills Required
1. At least two (2) years of experience in public accounting or equivalent private experience as determined by the Partners.
2. Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent required
3. Minimum of forty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
4. Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Either hold a current and valid certified public accountant's license or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
6. Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPA's, if applicable.
7. Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research and tax planning software programs.
8. Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
1. Occasional same day travel for work at client's offices, meetings and seminars using personal vehicle.
2. Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January to April, expanding hours to evenings and weekends during busy season.